Threads: A Potential Challenger to Twitters Throne?
- Meta is launching the new social media app Threads in an attempt to compete with Twitter
- Jack Dorsey’s Blue Sky platform has a long wait list of users waiting to get on
- Threads is hoping to bring some of the emotional connection Instagram users have over to it
- With Twitter floundering, many people are seeing this as an opportunity for a real competitor
- Metaverse has been trying to focus on shared experiences online but hasn’t made much progress yet, and shareholders are becoming frustrated
- Threads does not use the Meta or Facebook name but instead uses Instagram, which has more public cachet and warm feelings towards it.