Uncovering the Reactive Mind: Investigating L. Ron Hubbards Dianetics
- Dianetics is a mental health science created by L. Ron Hubbard
- The reactive mind is a collection of recordings of moments of pain and unconsciousness, which Hubbard called engrams
- Dianetics originally only acknowledged the incident of birth as an engram, but later included the idea of past lives
- The reactive mind is a stimulus response mechanism meant to protect the individual from things that would bring about pain and unconsciousness, but has become harmful rather than beneficial over time
- Auditing therapy is used to recall these engrams in order to erase them and consequently remove their power over the individual.
Exploring the Controversy Around Scientologys Theta Universe and its Abstract Forms
- The Church of Scientology does not believe in the same concept of an engram as Dianetics
- Instead, with the introduction of an immortal spiritual being, the earliest incident could be trillions of years ago in other galaxies and universes
- Hubbard proposed that there is a Theta Universe (made up of thetan power) which is senior to the physical universe and creates it
- From Plato, these abstract forms are used to construct reality
- Cults can be convincing and some ideas sound beautiful but go wrong
- When discussing Scientology one should be fair and accurate and work to understand why people in or out of Scientology embrace its ideals.
30 Years of Scientology: Interview With Long-Time Member and Escapee Who is Helping Others
- The subject of the interview has been a member of the Church of Scientology for 30 years
- They were taken out of school at 12 to work for the organization in various capacities
- They now help run an organization that helps people escape from Scientology and have had a great amount of success
- They also have a YouTube channel where they educate people on their experiences.