Revolutionizing Medicine: How AI is Transforming Healthcare
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being developed and used in various medical fields such as skin cancer detection
- The technology has seen a 99% success rate in the UK, but is awaiting FDA approval in the US
- AI is also being used to detect early signs of heart failure and stroke, saving time and neurons
- However, there are risks of underperformance for people with darker skin tones
- AI is not meant to replace doctors, but rather augment their abilities to help patients.