Exposing the Ugly Truth: The Cost of Our Financial System
- The current age of grifting has seen many inexperienced and potentially compromised individuals commit acts of fraud
- JP Morgan recently bought a startup for $175 million, only to find out that the users were faked
- Millennials have three times less money than Boomers had at the same age and are trying to catch up
- Zero percent interest rates plus multiple stimulus packages have pumped a huge amount of money into the system
- Social media has given grifters access to people’s brains, allowing them to pass themselves off as financial gurus.
SEC Cracks Down on Social Media Influencers for Pump and Dump Stock Fraud
- In 2021, the SEC charged 8 social media influencers for alleged Pump and Dump stock fraud schemes
- These influencers were profiting by buying stocks and then hyping them up to their followers, pushing up the prices before secretly selling off their own stock
- Eddie Constantine was one of these influencers who posted boastful photos and tweets about his scheme until he was caught
- Many innocent people were affected by these schemes as they left holding the bag when the stocks fell
- The SEC is sending a signal to all grifters that this type of fraudulent activity will no longer be tolerated and is collecting hefty penalties for those involved in such activities.