Exploring Climate Change Impact on Easter Island: A Reporters Journey
- Michael is reporting on how climate change is affecting Easter Island
- The changing conditions have revealed a previously undiscovered moai statue
- To reach Easter Island, Michael had to fly to South America and then take a connecting flight
- Once on the island, he met with Gina, a local rapanui native and went on a tour of the small town of Hangaroa
- He then saw his first moai statue as well as the massive mile-wide crater atop Veronica’s volcano
- Finally, he will explore more of the culture, music, traditional dance and nearly 1 000 catalog moai statues in order to report back their significance and the effects of plastic pollution.