Stanford, Google, Anthropic, Microsoft, and Mid Journey Make Technology Advances
- Stanford introduced the Alpaca 7B model, which is lightweight and can be used on a local computer
- Google announced AI functionality in workspace tools and released the Palm API to select developers
- Anthropic introduced Claude, a chatbot available through API
- Google’s GPT4 was released and uses longer context with visual inputs
- Microsoft Bing ran an early version of GPT4 for five weeks
- Mid Journey held office hours and made two announcements.
Unexpected Results from Recent Technology Announcements
- Mid-journey version 5 was announced and is able to create much more realistic images with a new tiling feature
- Microsoft announced their 365 co-pilot, allowing AI to be used inside of Microsoft Office tools and introduced business chat
- Baidu released Ernie but had an underwhelming presentation, leading to a slump in the company’s stocks
- And finally, Emad hints at upcoming announcements from his company stability.ai over the next few weeks.
Mats AI Channel Picks Up Speed – Tune in This Week for Updates and Tools
- AI expert Mat is making big announcements this week
- Viewers should subscribe to the channel, like the video and join a free newsletter to stay informed on AI developments
- Every Friday Mat will send out a TLDR (too long
- Didn’t read) version of the week’s news, five favorite tools, interesting news articles videos and money-making ideas related to AI
- This has been an intense week in AI which is picking up speed quickly
- Tune in next week for more.